TO MOTHER

Custom Search

Thursday, May 15, 2008

MAY

Shes a woman of faith.

Every May, she always performs her devotional ritual in Honor of the Virgin Mary.

We always went on a certain church.
It was a small church, near a fishing village on our province.
We would bring flowers and candles, also foods...
It was Her vacation from work and business.

As years passed...
I begun to be bored with this routine.
There were times that I wanted to be with friends, rather be with Her.

For so many years, we kept on doing this..
Until my college days, She even scolded on the phone if I told her that I will not come to join Her.

I do not know the reason why this is always done, ever sincee I learn how to remember.?

As years passed she always kept the devotion going and never became absent with Her pilgrimage.

Even on the days that Shes on Her weakest, becase of her health condition,
The day of Her pilgrim is Her Strongest...

Nuestra Senora De Salvacion
This is the title of the Virgin Mary of her pilgrimage...

Days before She Passed, my Grandmother told us
That my mother was speaking while asleep.
Shes telling something about missing the pilgrimage...

That Shes sorry for She cannot come this May!

I asked GrandMa, about Mothers May Pilgrimage to the Virgin...
And the reason why Shes so Devoted performing it, without an absent, even on the days where her body was weak?

GrandMa told Us that Her devotion started when She found out,Shes pregnant.
Specially when the doctor told Her of Her weak baby.
She started the May pilgrimage to keep hes baby strong, A promise to the Virgin That if she Deliver the child Alive...
She will be on the Church every May of her Life.

And that child shes Carrying is ME.

Thanks so much...

No comments: