TO MOTHER

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

the diagnosis


My mother was diagnose when I was on my 3rd year college.
I am studying at a private school, and we were already given the estimate of each therapy session.
It was much for us especially with the changing business environment at that time...
This is an added burden for Her and my family.
I even volunteered to delay my studies, but She insisted not to.
I am prepared to do it but I am afraid...
Yes I continue my Studies.

After the series of Test and Examinations...
My mother's case was Malignant.
A STAGE III BREAST CANCER.

I made some research at the Library and the Prognosis Is 70/30
Meaning a 70% chance of healing and 30% chance to live.
I almost cried seeing these findings...
But I believe that A great Miracle will Heal my Mother.

We even tried Faith Healing Just to ease the burden of these realities.
She tried to take almost all recommendations of Cancer Wonder Drugs...
For years this is our life.

The first medical procedure was very devastating for her...
She undergone TOTAL MASTECTOMY!
Her Left breast was removed from her forever.
This left a large suture from her breast and a void physically and mentally.

We can really felt these effects on Her although she always wanted to hide.
We know how traumatic it it for a woman who Value Beauty to lose Her assets.
A breast and hair.
Things that define a Woman.

We can only comfort her and Do all the things and encouragement that we know might help.
But to no avail, we really never created the right words...

After the 6 months of treatment...
I can feel Her weakness.
The Stress was overwhelming.

No comments: